Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 6, Early Morning Hike! Kapalua!

Another hike! We loved it. Our plan was to do a morning hike, then lay by the pool aaaaaaaall day to soak up the sun on the first day it wasn't completely windy or part rainy. So that's what we did. 
 This is Kapalua Bay, along the ridge of the Ritz Carlton Resort. It was gorgeous, of course, starting right in the middle of the owners villas and running 3 miles along the ocean, through Kapalua, through the Ritz Hotel, and then up into the hills where trail became very tropical. We didn't venture to the end of the trail due to the heat, humidity, and time. So we headed back the way we came. Just before we left the trail to head back to the car we saw an trail that went down to the edge of the a cove. As you can see, I'm standing out where the water surrounds the rocks. There was no sand or beach, just Ryan, Me and the splashing ocean. It was truly breath taking, taking in the vast expanse of the ocean water, the breeze that comes from it, and the world that lives under it.
 And there was another heart shape cut out in the rock. This was for sure not man made.

 The Ritz in the back ground!



Of course we had to hit up Maui Taco's again. After we ate the most amazing fish tacos in the world, Ryan told me that he was embarrassed for me as I took this picture, "you looked like a total tourist!" I didn't care. I had to get a good instagram picture to share my love for this place. 

After lunch, at 10:30 am, we really did go back to the hotel and bake int he sun. Bake is the perfect word. No matter how much sunblock I kept putting on my chicken legs and chest, I still burned. It felt amazing till the burn became a sting that was only cooled by the pool. So our sun bathing lasted till 4, then we decided to get ready for our big, fancy last night dinner; Ruth's Chris!
 This was on the way to Wailea! If you look past the pole on the right, you can see Molikini, the crescent shaped rock where the snorkeling is amazing. It was formed by volcanic erosion where the bottom was pushed out so the sea life is drawn to its shelter. The visibility is clear for at least 40 feet. Monk Seals and turtles swarm there. Sadly, we didn't take the tour out to it, but read and learned a lot about it. Maybe next trip!

I took this picture to show that I finally curled my hair for our special dinner, however it was starting to frizz. This is a great way to show how I really did burn. Check out the chest. 

Here is the, the "Super Moon!" On this night, the moon was close to the earth so it was supposed to be full and look larger than normal. It just looked full to me. But vibrant with the clouds below it. How could you not enjoy it if you are in a tropical island?

No comments:

Post a Comment