Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Late Anniversary Getaway to The Wynn Encore, Las Vegas March 1-3 2013'

Our Room at the Encore



Look who we caught on the floor gambling! I asked one of the men with this group of dressed up gamblers why in the world they are wearing all different crazy costumes. The short of it is, those in costumes are at the bottom level of gamblers. As you win, you change what you wear for each level.

Our view!


The first night there we met up with Jeff and Nicole Thompson and Jeff's brother and sister in law at the best Tai Restaurant in Vegas, "Lotus of Siam." We told Nicole to just order what ever and we'd all share. These was her plates of choice:



 It was all so yummy.

Here is some of the decor from inside the Wynn! Amazing, the architecture and details everywhere.





On Saturday morning, instead of sleeping in like you should on vacation with no kids, we got up and went to the Las Vegas LDS Temple. I had never been there before and I loved it. Ryan and I have made a goal to go at least once a month to the temple. We have loved our little temple dates with our cousins the Thompsons', and we had planned to make this our February date, but they were not able to come with us because they had their sweet baby, Azure.






With our weekend stay, we scored 4 free buffets in which we were able to go twice to the Wynn Buffet. It was scrumdidiliumptuos! The pb chocolate bar was delish! I almost didn't get a picture of it. But I forced myself to put it down long enough to get a picture, even if it is just a sliver.

 This is the decor in the seating area of the buffet. Amazing right?

 Just some more decor and beauty of the architecture:






Also, along with our 2 night stay, we score 2 tickets to see LE REVE, the dream, at the Wynn theater. I had already seen this show twice, and loved it. So I was not disappointed to see it again. It did not disappoint. Amazing again!












The day we left to go home, ryan really wanted to stop at the Gun Show at the Cashmen Center. Really? And yes, I went with him. No pictures were aloud inside, so you don't get to see the millions of ridiculous paraphernalia that people are selling, but ryan did enjoy it. I hope at least, because it would have been like me dragging him to a convention of dance shoes and costumes. I was the token supporter...



I couldn't help myself from snapping this picture inside. This poor man is really into his legit war soldier get up. He was fully committed. Look closely to his belt, just below the yellow rope, he has a water canteen hanging from it. He seriously walked around like this the whole time.


 It was a fun weekend! So happy to have In laws who will watch our three crazy girls so we can take a weekend away.

No comments:

Post a Comment