Monday, August 5, 2013

Utah, Here we come! Summer 2013

July 13th 2013
Since I woke up at 2:30 am and could NOT go back to sleep, I laid in bed till 3:45, trying my best to go back to sleep. But much to my dismay, my mind would not turn off. I went through a check list of all the things I had not yet packed in the car, or needed to grab before leaving for two weeks. So I finally got out of bed at 3:45, showered, grabbed all the things from my mental check list, finished packing the cooler and car, then woke the girls, put them in the car, and quietly headed out of the garage and on the open road at 5 am. I didn't even bother to wake Ryan cause I know he hates to be woken up if not need be. It was quite dark out still so I wondered how in the world I was going to make it through the long drive. But I had re-enforcements of caffeine if I needed them. Ha!



As we drove through Victorville, the most glorious sunrise awaited us to say good morning! As safely as I could while driving, I took some pictures through my front window. Enjoy!











With daylight now and our car packed full, mine and Naomi's bikes strapped to the back on a very rickety "strap on" bike rack, we had a long way to go!

 Ryan had given me such a hard time about wanting to take our bikes to Utah, but I was determined because then we could go for bike rides up the canyon, or around town, with out having to borrow bikes. Plus, I seldom use my beach cruiser I received for Christmas 2 years ago because where we live is on a hill. Theres no way to get my girls to ride all the way up hill after a long ride down hill. Just as we got to Vegas I looked over at a car on the freeway that had a big trailer full of bikes, just bikes, trailing behind. I sent a picture to Wendy and Amber who knew how much I wanted to bring my own bikes, and we all got a kick out of the difference between my little rack and this families band of bikes. I bet the husband didn't give the wife a hard time about wanting to go on bike rides. Bahahahaha! Love you Ryan!


 Heading into Utah, I am always amazed at "the beauty of the earth" and I immediately think of the hymn "For the Beauty of the Earth." Even with the paved roads, I love the open plains, mountains, and vast lands.



We arrived in Provo, finally, around 3 pm. Our first stop was to meet cousins at the Provo splash pad. A perfect way to get out and run around, and cool off. Since the kids had so much fun running in and out of the water, it was hard for me to get a picture of them facing me. So just imagine their little faces as they enjoy being with cousins and cooling off on our first day in Utah.



Audrey so excited to run with the big girls.         Audrey's bummy, watching the big kids run.  

                                           Kate Smith and Heidi, cousin twins 2 yeas apart!


No comments:

Post a Comment