Monday, May 2, 2011

Spring Break in Utah 4-9 to 4-19-11!

Friday the 8th of April, 2:20 pm: I picked Naomi up from school and headed straight out of town. Me and all three girls on our way to Utah. No Dad! :( I was a little nervous taking off since I expected the drive to be filled with crying, whining and major melt downs that would make me want to pull my hair out. But we only drove to Summerlin, NV on friday to stay with our cousins. Then drove the rest of the way on Saterday. To my surprise, the girls, Audrey included, were well behaved. I did play a "point of interest game" with Naomi and Heidi in which they got a dollar for every item we saw and checked off. If they misbehaved then a dollar was quickly taken away. Heidi lost her money by the time we got to Vegas. But she learned after that that she had less $ than Naomi. So she shaped up. (This game was given to me by my cousin Amber who had just driven from Idaho to California for her kids spring break, without a husband too.) I must say that my girls did even better on the way home. I left Saterday the 19th and drove straight through. It was a fun trip. Here are a few pics to highlight the kids.














If you want to feel like the worst Aunt in the world... then offer to take your niece to play with your kids, tell your kids we have to be careful to not let their cousin get hurt, then watch in slow motion as the wooden swing starts towards her head. Run, even though you feel as if you aren't moving as the wooden swing makes contact with the center of your nieces forhead. This is what happened to us with our niece/cousin Dara Rossiter. She took the blow really well. She cried from shock, then was so calm and even held the frozen strawberries. That was all

No comments:

Post a Comment