Monday, May 30, 2011

Earth Day 2011! April 22nd


Notice the huge undecorated cookie on Lauren's lap. And notice Audrey in the middle. Not a good idea since she was in hands reach of all the cookies and candy.
Heidi's shirt says "Love your mother" with little earth "o's."


Lauren, 7

Sara, 3

Julia, 4 (I had to be sneaky since she didn't me to take a picture of her)


I have the best friends, the Tripp Family! Kelly, the mom, like me loves to celebrate holidays and do something fun and memorable with our girls. (We started the 3 girls club) So when I realized that Earth Day was coming around again, I texted Kelly and asked, "What are we doing for Earth Day?" I found out later that she was so excited that I initiated our date. (Last year we planted little pots with flowers and veggies, and painted little pots and clay miniatures.) It seems to be getting harder to get together since our girls are getting older and more involved in sporadic activities. But we made it work for this day. Kelly and her girls, Lauren, Julia, and Sara, brought HUGE earth cookies for all the girls to decorate. The cookies seriously were huge, probably the size of our heads. They also brought green and blue frosting to make earth and ocean. Each girl made their own version of what they think the earth is like. Some had more water than earth and visa versa. Some girls used a lot of candy to make people or mountains. Or I could say that some of the girls ate more frosting and candy than they put on their cookie, Lauren and Heidi, not to say any names. All the girls get along so well and played @ the park. I couldn't resist taking fun pictures of each girl. Especially this one of Julia. (The No underwear girls) :)

1 comment: