Friday, March 25, 2011

Being a MOM!!! 1st edition

So I was trying to get ready to go on a date with Ryan, my husband, tonight when my baby would not stop crying. It started when I got in the shower. I put her on the rug in my bathroom with toys, she cried. I held her, she stopped crying, but then I had one arm to do my hair and make-up. I put her down again, she cried. So I got the sling from my car, put her in it, tucked in snug, but she kept leaning forward trying to get my make-up off the counter in front of us. Then I tried to lean toward the mirror to do my mascara and she was leaning so far forward she could grab the faucet, and almost fell out. So I stood up frustrated. I would have taken a picture to share cause I found it so funny that all day I was GIVING to everyone else. When I finally tried to spend 20 minutes on myself, I had to contend with a baby strapped to me. I thought, a husband never has to do this. Ryan was exercising in the family room, by himself mind you. No children climbing on him. No stroller to push with a 4 year old bugging a 7 month old. No kids to sign in at the gym when he wants to have time to work out by himself. No, he doesn't have to worry about children when he wants to do something for himself, let alone get ready for a date. What I'm trying to say is: Why is it that a mother has to always make life easier for her children, but they make it harder for her? This says it all about my day today.
I can't complain though cause I am so blessed...
Ryan and I went to Old Town Pasadena on our date. We had dinner then strolled into the Mac store. We walked in to look at ipads and walked out with a new mac book for me. Hallelujah! I'm switching over from a 6 year old PC to a mac. I'm so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment