Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Brighton California February 2016

I've lived in California almost my whole life, (a 6 month run in Romania, 1 year in Utah, and 3 years traveling the world on Holland America Cruise Line,) but I never knew we have snow just an hour away. What? I know Big Bear has snow, but that is 3 hours from Monrovia and Arcadia. But our girls kept begging to go to the snow, so Ryan said, "OK, let's go to Bryton!" Where is that? I really had no idea. I had heard of it, but had never been there. So as we drove up the 15 freeway, heading towards Victorville, pulled off the freeway at the McDonalds exit, crossed west over the freeway, and headed up a 2 lane road. The longer we drove, the colder it got. And I was so surprised to see snow starting to fall just shortly after we pulled off the freeway. Being Californians, I thought I had purchased enough snow boots and snow jackets to keep us warm as we played in the snow. However, knit gloves and leggings weren't up for the challenge against freezing fingers and bums. But Naomi, Heidi, and Audrey had fun with the one boogie board we had to use as a sled. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment