Friday, July 20, 2012

Our Trip to Utah 7-11 /7-12-12

"On the Road Again..." Heading to Utah for a vacation with family/sisters/cousins. Filled with swimming, bike riding, climbing trees, swimming, not eating due to playing too much, little reading (much to my dismay,) sleepovers, and bathing suits!!! So excited!

Naomi was my co-pilot for the first few hours.

This guy is "Awesome!" (look closely at the plate)

45 minutes of traffic, and routed off the freeway, passing this...

We saw an ambulance taking off on the other side of the freeway going south. Then as we approached the crash sight, a life light helicopter took off, heading south too. When we pulled closer, this red car seemed to be the only car involved in the accident

Once we passed the site of the accident, I was in such awh of the beauty of the cloud formations. So bare with me cause I couldn't stop taking pictures as I drove.



We stopped on Wednesday night to stay in St George, Utah with my cousin Simcah Reed. I have never been to her house, yet have heard so much about her graciousness. So I contacted her to ask if she would be ok to have us stay with her. And, yes, she was very excited, as I was too. This picture was the evening, about 2 hours after we arrived. I had missed the shot of the beams of the sunset spouting out of the clouds toward the ground. But this was still amazing.


The next day, again I couldn't resist. Utah has such strange winds and random storms that blow in around late afternoon, but I enjoyed the clouds that rolled by.



Starting just before Baker, Ca. The temperature just kept climbing. Then on Thursday morning around 11 am, the day was already a smoldering 100 degrees. I was so happy to not be staying the rest of the day in the "desert."






No comments:

Post a Comment