Friday, July 6, 2012

Independence Day 2012

We started the day at the Arcadia Ward Breakfast at Eisenhower park.

 Audrey loves the slide, "Again, Again!"


Heidi had to bring her Webkinz puppy.

Audrey and Dara.










 Rarely do we get a picture of us all together. I am always the camera holder. So I'm happy we got this shot, even if Ryan is strangling me. Ha ha!


Bar-b-qing at our house around 2pm.


                                            
                                           The Spread!
Watermelon, a must, corn, another must, guacamole, hot dogs, cheeseburgers, macaroni salad, yuck, and home-made lemonade.
 Ryan's burger
 My burger and corn! I had my share of watermelon before the burgers were even on the grill.

And of course Swimming!
THis is the first time Audrey has warn a floating divide. She loved it, right!

And of course there had to be a dessert. Nanna made homemade vanilla heath bar ice cream. It was amazing!





 A moment to relax and enjoy the gorgeous weather!

 We didn't venture out to find a firework show. This was our version to satisfy the girls little desire to have part in any fireworks. I had saved 4 sparklers from last year. So each got a 2 minute thrill out of running around the grass in the dark, if it even lasted that long.






As they lay in bed, we could hear and see the brightness of the fireworks from the Myrtle/library park fireworks. They didn't last long listening. After a long day in the sun and a lot of food, they were in sparkler dream land before I even washed my face. YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment