Sunday, February 7, 2010

Green Chile Sweet Pork Enchiladas

This is a recipe I received a few weeks ago from my cousin Amber. I've been desperate for new recipes that my family and I can eat during a time when I have no desire to cook or eat anything ( I still feel really crappy being 12 1/2 weeks pregnant now.) I made them today and we enjoyed the new flavor. I thought I would share the recipe with you. I typed it out as I made it so I hope it makes sense.

Green Chile Sweet Pork Enchiladas: From Amber Burhley
1 Can Black Beans
2 cans Las Palmas Green Enchilada Sauce
1 Pork Loin
Shredded Cheese
4-6 Tortillas
1 C. Brown Sugar
Preheat oven to 350’
Cook pork loin as desired. ( I bought a pork roast and slow cooked it with additional green sauce) Shred pork and put in a medium bowl. Drain Black beans and rinse off can residue. Add beans, 1 cup green sauce, and brown sugar to bowl with the pork. Mix well.
Put pork mixture into tortilla, add cheese and roll to lay in a 3X9 pan. Continue till all the pork mixture is used, using between 4-6 tortillas. Pour remaining Las Palmas sauce on top of rolled tortillas and put remaining cheese on top.
Cook for 30-35 minutes till cheese is melted and enchiladas are warmed through.
They are sweat, so guacamole is not a preferred topping, but sour cream may be. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment