Monday, December 14, 2009

Child # 3... 4 weeks and 3 days Pregnant!

So for two weeks I've known by my gut feeling, and the constant hunger and irritability, that I've been pregnant. I've taken about 5 pregnancy tests. Two were negative and two were unsure. So I waited a few days and finally one showed up possitive. So I figured I was barely pregnant. However, my Dr told me to come in immediately when I knew I was pregnant. So I made the soonest appt for an ultra sound, and didn't tell anybody. Not even Ryan. I wanted to make sure everything was o.k. before I announced that I was prego.

Given my history that I had a internal bleeding miscarriage and a cyst on my right overy that had to be removed in June of this year, I was concerned when my overy was bothering me. This is why I didn't want to tell anyone. This ultrasound picture may look like nothing, but if you look closely at the arrow, you can see the sac attached to the dark circle. My gestational cycle looks right on and the "computer" tells us that I am 4 weeks and 3 days pregnant.

Our christmas decorations have been up since the beginning of December. So to try to surprise Ryan and let him figure out on his own that I am pregnant. So I hung a very bright, non coordinating stocking right in the middle of our usual four stockings. I also put a big # 3 on a piece of paper and pinned it to the front. As you can see it was very obvious. However, Ryan didn't notice it for three days. He stood in front of it for almost two hours trying to connect up the t.v. inside to the new t.v. outside, all joining to the cable and dvd player. Still he didn't notice it. On Wednesday the 9th, I came home exhausted from setting up the ward building for our Enrichment night. I laid on the couch talking to other woman involved int he activity when I started explaining the "he hadn't even noticed yet." Ryan heard me say this and he became very curious as to what I was talking about, so much that he wouldn't leave me alone till I told him what he hadn't noticed. He asked if I had gotten a hair cut, or if I had cleaned. It wasn't until I stared at the fireplace that he noticed and sat frozen and dazed. He was shocked, but them replied that so many things made sense now (meaning my moods, migrane and irritability.)

No comments:

Post a Comment