Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Naomi's 9th Birthday!

  The Celebrating began on Sunday the 10th of March. We had our traditional birthday dessert family date with the Rossiter family at our home. I asked Naomi if she wanted the usual chocolate cake or ice cream cookie sandwiches. As you can see, she chose ice cream sandwiches.
 She asked for a new purse, so I found a "Roxy" purse...
 ...and she wasn't that thrilled about it.


 On Wednesday March 13th, the real birthday began. French toast on the birthday platter plate, the silly hat, and 1 present. She did start out wearing the birthday shirt I had laid out for her, but she decided to change into something more "mature" for school.


The gift, a too expensive one in place of a party and going out to a "nice dinner" like she kept asking to do, was the American Doll Mckenna bunk bed. I had found it on craigslist since Mckenna was the doll of the year for 2012 and accessories for her are no longer sold in the store. Naomi had been telling me frequently that she really wanted the bed for her doll the she got for Christmas. I didn't want to spend more money at Christmas, so I gave her the ultimatum of keeping the bed or selling it and going out to dinner with some friends. It was a tough decision, but she ended up keeping the bed.

Naomi always asks me to go to Subway for dinner, but I never want to stop and take all the girls in with me, especially when we can make sandwiches at home. But since it is her special day, she is not getting a party, or going out for a special "nice dinner," I decided to be nice and meet her at school lunch with a turkey avocado sandwich, chips and an orange soda. I had packed her a lunch for this day, so it was a great surprise when Audrey and I showed up to bring her lunch.

 Her new birthday outfit from Forever 21! Jewelry, hair flower and dress.
                          Happy Birthday my big 9 Year Old!

2 comments:

  1. I saw Naomi in Yo Gabba Gabba in the episode 'Sleep' I'd like behind the scenes of that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the little girl had a frolic birthday with family. I am looking for one of the affordable event space Chicago for my son's success party this weekend. It will be a sober one with few snacks and drinks. Will definitely message all the guests two or three days before. Hope everyone showers him with love and blessings.

    ReplyDelete