Saturday, November 10, 2012

American Girl Doll Club "Felicity" visit to Daisy, the Smith's Horse

This was a rough morning with my girls and I considered not letting them go to this particular book club. But once we arrived, I was so amazed at this whole world that is so foreign to the life that we live. And I loved it. We learned all about taking care of a horse; brushing, grooming, fly masks, hoof medicine... Kristine Smith explained it all to the girls and showed all the liquids and gels, brushes, and medicine used for a horse. Then each girl took a ride around this little ranch just outside of Bradbury and Duarte. I've seen a small part of it from the Duarte Trail that we have walked and run several times. But actually being on the grounds and getting to wander around with the kids was so fascinating. I loved being out doors and getting a small glimpse of what life was really like for Felicity. 























































No comments:

Post a Comment