Saturday, September 8, 2012

Back to School! 8-27-12

Yes, Pinterest has turned me into this mother!
Back to School Survival Kits for the teachers, not my girls. Each were filled with a Gatorade bottle, Gum, and chocolate bar, Sanitizer wipes, stickers, and hand soap. 

As we walked out the door a little early to make sure we were to school on time, I ran past the girls room and noticed the lights still on. As I walked in to turn them off, I notice the bed I asked them to quickly go make before we left. This is how they did with that everyday job:

Walking, and so excited. Heidi has been waiting!








 Out front where I picked up Naomi all last year.


 Back packs. Naomi has a Paul Frank pack with Julius on the top push. Heidi has nothing less than Hello Kitty. 

New shoes for a new school year!







Checking out all the 3rd grade teachers and which friend has which teacher.

My Instagram post


 We all walked Naomi to her classroom first.


Ms. Stube herself


 Then, after leaving Naomi to catch up with her friends, we walked Heidi to the kindergarten playground. When the 8:10 bell rang, all the kids waited at the classroom doors for the teachers to come out. When Ms Hernandez finally came, she had all the kids line up. One line for girls and one for boys. This is when I could not stop myself from crying. I tried my best, but I just couldn't stop. I was the mom with the big camera wiping tears away, trying not to look at anyone else, and hoping no one was looking at me.
 When Ms Hernandez asked the kids all to kiss their own hands and hold it so tight, she handed each child a little note with a tea bag and a cotton attached. I didn't read the poem yet, but each child was told to give the note to whomever had brought them, put the kiss on their cheek and say goodbye. I really was a basket case. I had to tell her I loved her and quickly turn away, leaving Ryan to say his goodbye. I really don't know what came over me. I've waited for this day so long. I've needed Heidi to go to school just as much as she has needed it for something to do with her day and her creative brain. So the tears were a great surprise to me.



 Goodbye little Munchkin! Have a great, long day at kindergarten! (All day kindergarten, Yes!)




No comments:

Post a Comment