Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Gateway Discovery Museum and Salt Lake Temple

Heidi, Audrey in the back, Kate Smith, Naomi and Thomas Smith.

Avery Smith (Wendy and I laughed cause it's not as cute when they get bigger.)
Naomi
Naomi posing, Heidi and Kate
Kate Smith
Avery and Audrey in the air ball area. Put the ball in the holes and they shoot out another hole.

Church History Museum.
We hopped on the metro that goes around town, for FREE. I wish I had a video of Wendy and I getting two jogging strollers and seven kids, one with a broken leg fully cast, up the two steps onto the metro car, in the short time that it stops to let people on and off. If nice men hadn't stopped to help, I might have peed my pants laughing at our ridiculousness.
This is all the kids huddled in a bunk from a ship of early converts who came from Europe.

North Temple Visitor Center.
We tried to take the kids to see a movie, but there wasn't one playing in English right then. So the kids, obviously in need of something to do, rolled down the hallway toward the Savior Statue. We're great mothers, yes. It wasn't worth the fight when everyone was hot and tired. Don't judge. We made them get up when we turned the corner. Poor Lincoln. He was a good sport about hobbling everywhere (on the right.)


It was soooooo hot and all the kids were exhausted, especially Naomi and Avery who walked the whole time. I had to take this picture while we waited for the metro. Naomi and Avery's faces were red, sweaty and delusional. I felt so bad for them cause I felt the same.

We were all at the Nelsons' getting ready to leave when Buffy pulled up. All the kids hopped in the back and she drove them back to my parents house. Elizabeth/Buffy blared "Last Friday Night," by Katie Perry. Naomi couldn't have been in heaven any more. She was doing palm pumps and tapping her feet the whole drive. Watch the video.


No comments:

Post a Comment