Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Visiting the Buhrley Family in Meridian, ID

We were very fortunate to drive from Provo to Meridian, Idaho to visit my first cousin Amber, her husband Matt, and their kids Eliza 7, Porter 5, and Lily 20 months, 2nd cousins to my kids. The Buhrleys' lived in Meridian before moving to California for two years, while Matt went back to endodontist school, then went back to the same house in Meridian. I knew I'd be spending almost three weeks in Utah, so it was about time I went six hours farther to visit them in their own home. I loved watching Amber in her own element. She is an amazing mother, wife and friend. I always learn so much when I am either with her, or talking to her on the phone.
We spent Sunday going to church with them, and having an awesome pot roast dinner. Then Monday, we did a leisure bike ride through a trail in Boise, stopped and walked through the Boise Zoo, then went home and packed up and headed back toward Provo. (We ended up at the Richs' in Highland.)
There are a lot of photos.... Enjoy!


Sorry Amber and Matt, but I couldn't resist Lily stripping down to her socks and shoes after church.
Along our bike ride we road past a river. While I checked to see if we could use my LA zoo pass to go into the Boise zoo, Amber took the kids down to the river to wade in ankle deep. The kids hated it cause the water was bone chilling cold. Literally bone aching cold. I didn't blame Eliza for crying that her legs were burning. I tried out the water and it made my legs sting. Amber really enjoyed it since she had run her first 16 miles at 6 am that morning. She's training to run a marathon. Goooo Amber!

Perfect Zoo attire. I love these zebra outfits and they just happened to wear them on the day we stopped by the zoo.





There happened to be a butterfly exhibit near the goats, so Amber took the kids into a mesh room while I waited outside with Audrey. I should have paid the dollar to go in. Amber said it was amazing. I could see them through the mesh, sort of, but it wasn't the same as being in there and having the butterflies land on you. Amber took some pictures. I'll have to get those from her and add them later..




Towards the end of our tromp through the zoo, there was this huge giraffe slide. I love anything giraffe printed, so I had to get pics of the kids on it. The one bummer was that it was so hot that the kids didn't go down too many times. I'm sure they didn't want a burned rear end.


Saying our good byes!

Porter would not sit still next to Heidi. I did my best to get a cute picture of them. Here you go!


Myself and Amber. You get a tiny glimpse of her house. So well decorated and in organized order. I wish we lived closer together. When we were young girls, we always dreamed of living next to each other with white picked fences. It made me sad to think that it would never happen. This fear has come to pass. But I was able to visit and now have an image to think of when I think of her in her everyday life. I hope I can visit again soon, with Ryan next time. I hope we were decent house guests because we enjoyed being with our cousins, the Burhleys.


No comments:

Post a Comment