Friday, June 30, 2017

Mothers Day 2017

This year on Mothers' Day, my little family and I were fortunate enough to be in San Clemente with my in laws. We went to sacrament at the 9 am ward, as usual. At the end of the sacremnt meeting, all the mothers were given a See's candy wrapped in a quote that read, 
"No love in mortality comes close to approximating the pure love of Jesus Christ than the selfless love a devoted mother has for her child." - Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
At first I felt sheepish taking a chocolate because I wasn't part of that particular ward, but the young men kept coming by to offer one to me and Barbara, so we took them. (See picture below)
Then I sent my family home while I stayed to wait for relief society. A friend was going to be teaching the lesson. So I sat in my car for about twenty minutes during Sunday school, the went in the make sureI could find the right RS room. While waiting I was able to meet a few friendly people while waiting in the halls. The lesson was obviously on mothers, but more centered on how we as mothers show Christlike love. Each person went around the room and told a memory or something special about their mother. I found myself listening to each women get emotional as they shared memories of mothers, grandmothers and sisters that had influenced them. It was a tender time to reminisce about the power of love that comes from not only mothers, but the women around us. 
It was a "windy " but great way to celebrate mothers day. 





Here are some fun out takes from trying to get a picture with my girls that call me mom.
Warning, there are some little girl underwear shots coming up.









My brother Chance came to hang with us for the day. So I asked him to take these pics. We may have giggled a lot at trying to capture a good picture of me with out my dress or hair flying every direction.


Heidi jumped in to try to hold my dress down for me. Then Audrey joined in too.



Finally some shots with my dress down, and Heidi had to be making faces. Typical! Silly Heidi!




1 comment: