Monday, April 18, 2016

Halween 2015

Ever since I took Naomi to see Cinderella for her 11th birthday in March, and since I had found her a dress that looked like the new Cinderella's dress, Naomi has wanted to be Cinderella for Halloween. So I decided to revamp the skirt on the dress in which I had already revamped the top by adding toolling and butterflies to the neck line. More fabric was found, sewn and gathered, a "V" shaped ribbon was sewn so it would wrap around and tie to the back, to add more layers and volume to her whole attire. 



 I'm not very good at taking my girls to pumpkin patches. It stresses me out cause most patches now have amusement parks that distract children and cost money. So I avoid those. And in the past our ward boy scouts have sold pumpkins as a fundraiser. But they didn't this year.
One day we stopped in Pavilions and my girls were fascinated by the little tiny set up they had out front, so I let them choose two little pumpkins, take a picture, and call it good.



 The night before school costume parades, Heidi asked me to braid her hair before bed so that in the morning it would be frizzy like Hermione. She and her buddy Carson Eddington are obsessed with Harry Potter right now.



Carson and Heidi as Harry and Hermione


                       Audrey's Kindergarten Costume Parade
                       Plymouth Elementary, Mr Cook's Class



 




                 Monrovia Ward Halloween Party and Costume Parade
Squish that huge hoop skirt in Naomi!


I talked Dawn Terrill and Nadinna Gerrero to dress up as Spanish women with me. See ig pic below.

Seriously Heidi's favorite thing at any party of even is face painting. So of course she had to wait in line to have her cheek painted. And of course she chose a unicorn.


Hermione with her unicorn cheek.




                         Trick or Treating on Myrtle Avenue


Audrey changed her mind for trick or treating and went with her first choice costume, Elsa!

Naomi was the hit on Myrtle. So many people stopped her to say hello to Cinderella. Little girls walked by saying, "look, there's Cinderella!" One boy stopped her and told her he liked her dress. She was beaming. I thought she would feel awkward wearing such a big fancy dress since she is now in Jr High. But wore it proudly and loved the attention. How could you miss it on a street full of people walking up and down the side walks?

At the end of the night, I looked over and saw Naomi shoved into the car with her huge skirt billowing all over the car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment