Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Brown Reunion May 2011!


Take a big breath cause there are a lot of pictures in this post. But I could only leave about 3 out. You wouldn't get the full feel for the events and fun we had at Zion Ponderosa Ranch just outside of Zion National Park, Utah.

I couldn't resist this picture of how picturesque the vast land was as we drove to the ranch.

The first day was overcast and very brisk so we were all bundled up as we met up with all the cousins we had and hadn't seen in a while. The kids just wanted to play at the play ground, so that's where we ended up with most other parents of young children.


Heidi, loves to swing, especially if it's a tire swing.


Audrey, 9 months, was happy even though unsure of feeling secure with her big sister holding her. She loves being outside. However, this hat kept being pulled off by her cute little hands.

So the 1st morning, Wendy and I decided to walk from our cabin to breakfast at the main lodge, ending up with all the kids and Chance. There were many new and interesting critters to distract them as we walked through mud on the dirt roads.
Here is a web we walked past. If you look close it has captured flies of all kind, caterpillars, and bumble bees, or wasps, which ever they were. We all stood there amazed at the creation one spider could make, and would survive in the cold, rainy weather we had just left the days before this day.
Chance, the favorite Uncle, with Heidi.

Once the weather, on Saturday, miraculously warmed up, the muddy roads dried, and the clouds all rolled away, everyone headed to the pool. Unprepared for the sun really since I guesstimate about 80% of those at the pool looked like lobsters later that evening. Here Heidi is gathering jacuzzi water to spit out at anyone near her. I kept asking her to stop, but happened to just catch her in action.


Naomi, in deep thought or listening to someone else talk. She loves her goggles.

Audrey was not so happy to be sitting by the pool. She wanted in on the action, but she nor I had a suit.
Eliza Burhley, Avery Smith, and Heidi.
Eliza, Naomi and Avery, all 7.

Kate Smith 2 1/2.
Goggle face. She begged to wear these, but they didn't quite fit.
The Bodell Family has this motorized train that they bring to all the Brown Reunions. A reunion wouldn't be the same if this little train wasn't there.
Naomi and Heidi on the caboos.
Philip Bandley, 3 and Avery.
One of the best parts of the whole reunion was the zip line at the entertainment barn. The girls went a few times, and I finally had a turn with them. I know they'll look back on this picture and be mad at how silly they look, but years later they'll laugh.
Heidi giggled so much. The two guys at the end of the ride that help you stop and climb down off the zip line told me that I have a beautiful daughter and asked for her to go again so they could see her big smile as she zoomed past. She must have heard them cause I went before her so I could see her myself, but she kept her lips sealed, trying not to smile. Silly little girl!

Sunday was the last day of the reunion. On the way home through Zion National Park, I was my mother and had to pull over to get the kids out to take a picture of the spot where we took a picture when we were young. Heidi is MIA cause she had fallen asleep and I wasn't about to wake her.

We caravanned with the Smiths to St George and decided to do a little hike we had done on the Thursday on the way to Cedar City. We climbed into a crevice and started a narrow hike. I had Audrey strapped to my back so I couldn't squeeze through the rocks or hike, but I took the pictures from below as everyone came down the outside.


She had pieces of glass in her pocket she had picked up off the sandy ground.
Of course these two wanted to pose.
And hold up the huge rock.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun! I like that they got to hang out with the cousins! Love, April

    ReplyDelete